Genuine Mercedes Benz Engine Oil – 5W-40 229.5 _ 000 989 79 02 11
Request for Quotation!
Made in Belgium
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
- Specifications / Specifications and Approvals:
Mercedes-Benz 5W-40 MB 229.5 engine oil is an OEM engine oil produced by the vehicle manufacturer Mercedes-Benz, also known as “multigrade service engine oil”.
Mercedes engine oil approvals for petrol engines
The Mercedes MB 229.5 approval, after MB 226.5, MB 229.1 and MB 229.3, is part of the series of Mercedes operating regulations for engine oils in petrol engines without gasoline engine particulate filter (GPF). In addition, these engine oils can also be used in some diesel engines without diesel particulate filter (DPF).
What is the difference to the MB 229.6 approval?
Against the background of the large number of operating regulations available on the market at the same time, the question often arises when choosing the suitable engine oil for a Mercedes-Benz engine oil with petrol engine without exhaust after treatment: Which engine oil is the right one?
The answer is actually quite simple: Just fill your vehicle with the engine oil that is approved in your vehicle manual!
If you do have the choice of filling in an engine oil according to the MB 229.5 or MB 229.6 operating instructions, the question arises as to the difference between the two manufacturer approvals. Apart from the slightly different requirements for the engine oil composition in terms of HTHS viscosity, sulphated ash content and phosphorus and Sulphur content, there is also a saving in terms of fuel efficiency. Here the performance of an MB 229.6 engine oil outweighs that of an MB 229.5. Although both engine oils have comparable technical data, they must not be mixed!
Can be used in a variety of diesel and petrol engines!
An engine oil according to the MB 229.5 approval can be used in the following Mercedes diesel engines without diesel particulate filter:
- OM 640 four-cylinder engine in A-class and B-class
- OM 642 V6 CDI engines e.g. in E 280 CDI W 164, E 300 CDI W211, ML 300 CDI W 164
- OM 646
- OM 651
In addition, an engine oil with MB 229.5 approval will be released in the following petrol engines, among many others:
- V6 engines M 272 in 230, 250, 280, 300 and 350 engines of the models C-, E-, S-class, CLS CLK, SLK and SL, R-class, GLK and ML
- V8 engines M 273 in 450 and 500 engines of the ML, GL, E-Class, CLK, CL, CLS, S-Class, SL, R- and G-Class models
- M 271 EVO in C-Class W 204, SLK R 172, E-Class W 212
- M 274 (not M 274 Hybrid) e.g. in E-Class W 212, GLK X 204
- M 276 V6 engines
- M 278 450 and 500 V8 engines
- M 281 in for example Smart Fortwo, Renault Twingo, Dacia Sandero, Nissan Micra
Which Mercedes engine oil for your car? We help!
When choosing the appropriate motor oil for your Mercedes-Benz, please consider that the compatibility information given here is only a first orientation guide. When choosing the right engine oil for your car, please pay attention to your car manual. Here you will find information on the required engine oil release in connection with viscosity for your Mercedes. These specifications are decisive for the purchase of the engine oil in our online store!
An overview of the current Mercedes-Benz engine oil approvals can be found in the Mercedes sheet of the operating instructions list 221.0.
With the help of the Mercedes sheet on operating instructions MB 223.2, you can assign all current Mercedes-Benz engine oil approvals to Mercedes Benz engines.
For the further search for your engine oil our employees are at your disposal! Contact us by e-mail or telephone and we will help you. We will be happy to assist you from the search for the right release for your vehicle to the decision support as to which of the applicable oils is most suitable for your individual use.
- Mercedes-Benz approval MB 229.5
- Mercedes OEM product
|Dimensions||22.3 × 6.3 × 11.2 cm|
Blue, Gold, Grey
For OE number: 000 989 79 02 11
Oil Viscosity Classification SAE: 5W-40
- ACEA C3
- API SN
- MB 229.5
Product line: Mercedes Benz MB 229.5
Packing Type: Plastic Canister
Content [litre]: 1L / 1.06 US-Quarts
Manufacturer: Daimler AG
Mercedes Bnez OE Part Number. 000 989 79 02 11
OE & OEM Part’s: (Original Equipment & Original Equipment Manufacturer):
- ARAL Part Number: 150B6A, 15A8AE, 154FE8, 15A8AD,
- Castrol Part Number: 15C9D0, 159C13, 15336D, 15C94C, 15665F, 15C94E, 15C9D1, 15338F, 159C11, 15337F, 159BBB, 159A5B, 159BBC, 15337E, 15C94D,
- febi bilstein Part Number: 101140, 101141, 101142
- Liqui Moly Part Number: 8576, 8578
- Mercedes Benz Part Number: 000 989 14 04 11, 000 989 21 07 11, 000 989 32 04 11, 000 989 51 07 11, 000 989 52 04 11, 000 989 73 07 11, 000 989 79 02 11, 000 989 83 01 11, 000 989 84 04 11, 000 989 86 06 11, 000 989 89 04 11, 000 989 92 02 11, 000 989 92 02 11, 000 989 92 02 AIFE, 229.5
- RAVENOL Part Number: 1112105-001-01-999, 1111118-001-01-999, 1111136-001-01-999, 1111108-001-01-999, 1111100-001-01-999, 1112105-004-01-999, 1112105-005-01-999, 1111118-004-01-999, 1111136-004-01-999, 111118-005-01-999, 1111108-004-01-999, 1111100-004-01-999, 1111136-005-01-999, 1111108-005-01-999, 1111100-005-01-999
- SHELL Part Number: 550040589
- VAICO Part Number: V60-0055, V60-0056, V60-0277, V60-0279, V60-0055-S,
Item No. MB-899202-X
Dim. (L * H * W): 22.3*11.2*6.3cm
Weight . 0.920kg
Made in Belgium
Before you purchase the product, make sure that this part fits your car!
Fits These Cars
Fits all Mercedes Benz